Monday, April 18, 2011

A Colorful Display of Eggs









This morning the kids and I set out to color some easter eggs....and it wouldn't quite be that time of year without me calling GaGa for the hundredth time to figure out how to boil an egg...I should remember or could just right it down but then how would I otherwise make her feel needed:)!!! Then Cari and I forgot the white vinegar so off to the store we went....got home just in time for the eggs to cool and to mix up all the colors.....man do all those tablets look the same...hard to tell which need just water and what colors needed the vinegar but Geez....just some eggs and I am sure my kids will triple dip and turn them all brown anyways so what did it really matter:)
The weather was beautiful so we set up egg dying camp out on the patio and got to work.....last year i recall this being chaotic but this year was fun...the kids loved all the secret messages written in crayon and couldn't wait to pull them out and read them.....Mason loved "Mixing Colors" and Cari was thrilled with her Pink Owl Egg Mommy made for her.....Hope the kids are excited to eat the 20lbs of egg salad coming their way, as they were to color these things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment