Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Generations & The Barbie Dream






For over 25 years I have collected and saved all of my old Barbie Toys to someday pass onto my little girl...I often think back to all of the amazing Barbies I once had and always have looked forward to this day where I can give them to my own daughter....so after a trip home to Chicago when GaGa gave Cari some barbie dolls of her very own I thought I would dig out my stuff, clean it up and at least give Carissa some of the dolls/furniture to play with. As I opened each box of wonderfulness I started to realize that this stuff was not all that spectacular as it once had been....the Barbies plastic was sticky and disinegrating...not to mention all the broken necks and awesome haircuts I gave them throughout the years...bye bye....the clothes were also disengrated and stained...bye bye.....the food and accessories although not appropriate for now just needed some cleaning up and major sanitizing and the furniture...well, the furniture was broken, and missing pieces but some of it still good enough to pass on....although my favorite pieces like the bath tub (that said on the bottom:I love Clark) was way too gross and old to share,

Some of my other old favorites included: The Barbie and the Rockers, Day to Night Barbie, Peaches N Cream Barbie, The Heart Family, California Dreams Barbie, Dream Glow Barbie, the day to night office, a Mcdonalds Set, An old White White Chair that Johnny Dennahey got me for my 5th birthday, a card board house equipped with its very own elevator and all the cool stuff I use to trade with my neighbor/friend Leslie Schemel ....well at least I still have all the memories and maybe Cari will have a few later on down the road of some of the Treasures Mommy was able to salvage for her...barbies are not as popular as they once were but I can only hope that all the years of my mom obsessing over barbies will carry on a few more generations

No comments:

Post a Comment